Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: August 2009:
proliferation of messages on first sync

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: proliferation of messages on first sync
From: Paul <lists@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 11:24:41 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Hi -

I just ran Offlineimap 6.0.3 (the Ubuntu Intrepid packaged version) for
the first time, to sync my local laptop with my remote IMAP inbox, which
is hosted on a stock installation of Dovecot 1.0.3.

There were 771 messages in the remote inbox when I started Offlineimap
and went to bed. In the morning, Offlineimap was still running, but it
had duplicated the messages in the inbox multiple times. When I stopped
the process, there were 2268 messages in both the local and remote
inboxes, and it was continuing to add messages.

I didn't see any error notifications, and my .offlineimaprc file is
pretty close to the minimal version.

Surely I'm doing something wrong. Where should I look to figure out what
it is?

thanks,
        Paul