Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: August 2009:
Patch for error handling / separation of accounts etc.

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Patch for error handling / separation of accounts etc.
From: Mike Dawson <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 19:47:57 +0430

Dear All,
I have made the attached patch to try and make offlineimap a bit more
stable in challenging situations.  It's extremely useful in slow
connection environments - but sometimes if one account had the wrong
password or the connection went down then unfortunately the whole
program would crash.

I have tested this on our connection and tried throwing at it just about
every situation - connection, up down, up, down again, change password,
error whilst copying one message, etc.  I have been running this patch
for the last 5 days or so syncing 6 accounts at the moment...  It seems
to work and stay alive nicely (even if your connection does not)...

Hope that this can go in for the next release... Please let me know if
anyone notices any problems with this...

Regards,

-Mike

-- File: submit