Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: August 2009:
OfflineIMAP 6.2.0 released

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: OfflineIMAP 6.2.0 released
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 01:03:12 -0500

Well folks, I went ahead and pulled the trigger to remove imaplib2,
and thus also IDLE.  I don't do that lightly, as I know IDLE was a
substantial contribution of code and lots of people find it useful.
But the bug reports kept pouring in.  It was clar that there was a
substantial issue with imaplib2 out there.  The commit closed five
filed bug reports.

I hope that down the road, Python's built-in imaplib might gain IDLE
support, or imaplib2 will stabilize so it can be used again.  In the
interim, I would again invite someone to maintain a git branch with
IDLE support added in, which I would happily mirror in the official
OfflineIMAP repository.

offlineimap (6.2.0) unstable; urgency=low

  * FIX: Removed imaplib2 entirely.  It was the cause of numerous
    crash/hang bugs.
  * REMOVAL: IDLE support had to be removed because it depended on
    imaplib2.
  * Do not request INTERNALDATE when it is not needed.