Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: August 2009:
Re: This Mailing List

To: Marc MERLIN <marc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 11:07:09 -0500

Marc MERLIN wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 09:37:12PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
>> I'm thinking I'll do this:
>>
>> 1) Figure out why gmane.org doesn't have full archives of this list, and
>> make sure I get full archives there.  (Can't import archives into Google
>> Groups)
>
> Can you take an mbox archive of the list, open it with mutt and bounce
> all the messages to google groups?

Unfortunately, no.  However, I can do that with Gmane, which is in the
works.  Gmane already has an almost-complete archive of this list, but
is missing the first 1.5 months.  Gmane can also continue archiving it
once it moves.

>> 2) Migrate this list and the subscriber list to Google Groups, making
>> sure new posts from there are also archive on gmane.
>
> I'd be fine with that, just please no reply to munging :)

Oh sure, leave it to you to turn a perfectly innocent thread into a
religious war :-)