Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2009:
Looking for patch reviewers

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Looking for patch reviewers
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 19:10:04 -0500

Hi folks,

I am very happy to see the large numbers of OfflineIMAP patches coming
in lately.  It is something of a happy problem, though: I don't have
enough time to review them.   The result is that occasionally broken
patches get committed, or else patches sit in my inbox for a very long time.

So I'm looking for any people that might be interested to do a first
level of triage on incoming patches: take a look at them for quality,
make sure that any new features they introduce are documented, that they
don't harm existing installations, etc.  Ideally I could pull from the
git trees of such people periodically.  We could have a group of people
that can review patches for the whole thing, or do a kernel-like
structure where some people review patches for certain areas.

People that have used OfflineIMAP for awhile will remember my efforts
(and failures) to find people interested to take over maintainership of
it entirely.  I'm hoping this approach might attract some more interest.

Comments?