Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2009:
Re: OfflineIMAP 6.1.2 release

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: OfflineIMAP 6.1.2 release
From: Marc MERLIN <marc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 08:57:28 -0700

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 11:47:31AM -0400, Tim Gray wrote:
> On Fri 17, Jul'09 at  9:36 AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> >> The documentation may have been unclear, but quick never worked the
> >> way this patch changes it.  My installed offlineimap does one sync
> >> every $autorefresh minutes, and the $quick'th one is a full sync.  All
> >> the others are quick.  Now it's going to do a full sync every
> >> $autorefresh minutes and a ludicrous number of $quick syncs.
> >>

> > Thanks.  I've reverted 220db8a77db69c6153ac1de9ac8f014c911e6829 and
> > pushed the change.
>
> Not that it matters to me either way, but with the new fix, it works the way
> I originally thought the documentation said it would work.  It's easy to set
> it up with either behavior, but hopefully the documentation is clear on how
> it works.

I'll have to agree that the documentation was not that simple to understand
when I first read it too. It took 2-3 readings before I got it :)

Maybe a clear example at the beginning showing 5 quick syncs every 10mn with
a full sync on the hour would help clear it up?

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/