Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2009:
Question about OfflineIMAP

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Question about OfflineIMAP
From: Daniel Meszaros <spam@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 12:59:21 +0200

Hi,
I have been using OfflineIMAP a year ago when I synchronized my mailbox with
some server standing at home. Email would not have to be downloaded  anymore
and was accessible very fast in my home-intranet. Currently this server is
not in action anymore but I am still subscribed to this list and interested
in the software.

At work we use some SBS server that has some rather poor IMAP performance.
Therefore I'd like to start using the free "hmailserver" on a separate
machine just for IMAP. I want to use "hmailserver" because it takes
advantage of the SBS' authentication easily.

Several users plan to access their mailboxes from home. I could set up some
VPN solution for them or could just let some software sync the corporate
mailbox with the external one.

My question: Has anyone been using OfflineIMAP for syncing independent IMAP
servers (independent = both sitting on other machines) already but one as
the Windows solution "hmailserver"? What is your experience? Any concurrent
suggestions?

Kind regards,
Daniel.