Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2009:
Re: regular folder validity problems

To: Christoph Höger <choeger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: regular folder validity problems
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 13:41:08 -0500

Christoph Höger wrote:
> Hi all,
> since I use offlineimap I am struggling with regular folder validity
> problems with my uiversity account. I figured out they use uw-imap.

The key to your UID validity problems, unfortunately, is most likely
uw-imapd.

From the manpage:

       Some IMAP servers are broken and do not support UIDs properly.
       If you continue to get this error for all  your  folders  even
       after  performing  the above procedure, it is likely that your
       IMAP server falls into this category.  OfflineIMAP  is  incom‐
       patible  with  such servers.  Using OfflineIMAP with them will
       not destroy any mail, but at the same time, it will not  actu‐
       ally  synchronize  it  either.   (OfflineIMAP will detect this
       condition and abort prior to synchronization.)

       This question comes up frequently on the  OfflineIMAP  mailing
       list           <URL:http://lists.complete.org/offlineimap@com‐;
       plete.org/>.    You   can   find   a    detailed    discussion

<URL:http://lists.complete.org/offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx/2003/04/msg00012.html.gz>
of the problem there.