Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: June 2009:
Re: User-defined tags

To: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: User-defined tags
From: Leonardo Ferreira Fontenelle <leonardof@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 19:39:25 -0300

Em Sex, 2009-06-05 =C3=A0s 10:11 -0500, John Goerzen escreveu:
> The key would be whether these tags are exposed via IMAP in some way.
> As far as I know, it is not a standard part of the protocol, unless the=
> are using user-defined flags in some manner.
>=20

I guess they must be, at least in some way, because I actually deleted
~/.evolution, added the labels again, set up the account, and when
Evolution fetched (via IMAP) the email from FastMail.FM, the messages
where tagged.

I don't have any hope that the IMAP server actually know the tag names.
IIRC from Wikipedia, even the 5 first user tags have their meaning
defined by the client, so that's probably the case for these extra tags,
too.

> -- John
>=20
> Leonardo Ferreira Fontenelle wrote:
> > One of the reasons I use Evolution is its support for tags, aka label=
s.
> > Initially there could be only 5 tags, but for some versions now we ar=
> > able to define more tags. I have some "extra" tags defined, and altho=
ugh
> > FastMail.FM doesn't display them in its webmail interface, it doesn't
> > destroy them either -- deleting the local cache and recreating the
> > account in Evolution makes the custom tags appear.
> >=20
> > But then, if I ask OfflineIMAP to fetch the mail, I can't make Evolut=
ion
> > see the custom tags. Is this a bug, or a misconfiguration?
> >=20
> > Thanks in advance.
> >=20
>=20