Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: August 2008:
ANN: OfflineIMAP 6.0.2

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: ANN: OfflineIMAP 6.0.2
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 17:51:23 -0500

Hi everyone,

OfflineIMAP 6.0.2 has been released.

The big news since 6.0.0 is that this version can actually save you
money by lowering your electric bill :-)  It's true.  I have known for
some time that OfflineIMAP wakes up the CPU dozens of times a second
while idle, but Martin Hicks finally isolated the bug in the Python
threading library that causes this.  I have now worked around that
bug.

Along the same lines, there is a new config option that lets you
disable fsync() as a way to boost performance (possibly significantly)
and reduce write loads.  This could also save power and life on SSDs.

Also, 6.0.1 added support from SSL client certs thanks to Mark Hymers.