Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2008:
Re: OfflineIMAP bug tracker

To: Asheesh Laroia <asheesh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: OfflineIMAP bug tracker
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 09:30:27 -0500

Asheesh Laroia wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jul 2008, John Goerzen wrote:
>
>> 2) Some people from the community could do triage, redirecting of people
>> to this list for support requests, etc.
>
> Sure - maybe you could make the new bugs send email to this list?  I could
> maybe get to know the bug database and help you do support that way.

Yes, it would be fairly easy to make it do that.  As it is, I believe
that anybody can make an account on software.complete.org and sign up
for these notices, but that's not quite as easy as just getting 'em
automatically.

> It would be nice if there were a way to just turn bugs into mailing list
> threads or something. (-:

Indeed.  The catch is that replies posted to the mailing list wouldn't
make it back to the bug, or the original bug reporter.

What does everyone think of that arrangement?  Worth trying?