Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: May 2008:
Re: how to convert man pages?

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: how to convert man pages?
From: Giorgio Lando <patroclo7@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 17:31:22 +0200

Vincent Beffara ha scritto:
> Same thing _exactly_ on fink, with the same utilities. Even the package
> names are the same ... Maybe your sgml file got corrupted somehow ? (It
> should have md5 sum 67486818a233c9f1419c615ea3af5399 if it the last
> version.)

The md5sum is fine, and actually this problem was identical in any
recent version, and actually well known in my distro (the compilation
recipe for offlineimap has always had a comment: "no man page for mow:
it won't convert").
The problem is probably that the docbook2man in docbook2x is not the
same as the one in docbook-utils in redhat/fedora and debian. But
docbook-utils brings an incredible amount of dependencies in archlinux
(and ATM I have never been able to go through this dependency hell,
which actually includes lots of overlaps with other packages, such as
that between docbook2x and docbook-utils), so it is not simple at all
(for this reason I had asked if it was possible to provide an already
converted man page in the tarball: docbook stuff seems to be not very
portable).

Thanks for the help
Giorgio