Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: May 2008:
Re: how to convert man pages?

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Giorgio Lando <patroclo7@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: how to convert man pages?
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 09:06:07 -0500

On Sunday 11 May 2008 5:24:32 am Giorgio Lando wrote:
> Hi, the package of offlineimap for my distribution (archlinux) does not
> install the man pages, because they are unable to convert
> offlineimap.sgml to a standard man page. So I am trying to do this
> conversion myself, but the conversion fails for me too.
> I have installed docbook2x (including docbook2man) version 0.8.8 and the
> perl module xml-sax version 0.16, then I try to run:
>
> docbook2man offlineimap.sgml

You can look at the doc target in Makefile for how I build it on Debian.  I
use docbook2man offlineimap.sgml as well, which works fine.  However, that
is from the docbook-utils package on Debian (don't know if it's the same
file you've got).  Your errors are weird; it seems to not know how to parse
SGML somehow.