Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: April 2008:
recreating folder structure for imapd consumption

To: offlineimap list <offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: recreating folder structure for imapd consumption
From: martin f krafft <madduck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 11:24:23 +0200

Hi,
I am trying to sync with a Courier server and drop files into
a local maildir, so that a dovecot instance can pick it up.

The upstream folder structure is simple:

$ ls .maildir -a
.   .Trash   .sent  courierimapacl       courierimapsubscribed
courierpop3dsizelist  new
..  .drafts  .spam  courierimapkeywords  courierimapuiddb       cur
      tmp

and with the exception of the courier* files, I would like to
recreate it 1:1 on my local machine.

Following the comments in the full example configuration file,
I thus tried:

  [Repository local]
  type = Maildir
  localfolders = ~/.maildir

  [Repository imap3.madduck.net]
  type = IMAP
  [...]
  #reference = INBOX
  nametrans = lambda foldername: re.sub('INBOX\.*', '.', foldername)

But this dies with

  imap: imapsplit() called with input: (\Marked \HasChildren) "." "INBOX"
  imap: imapsplit() returning: ['(\\Marked \\HasChildren)', '"."', '"INBOX"']
  imap: imapsplit() called with input: \Marked \HasChildren
  imap: imapsplit() returning: ['\\Marked', '\\HasChildren']
  imap: dequote() called with input: "INBOX"
  imap: dequote() returning: INBOX
  imap: dequote() called with input: INBOX
  maildir: _GETFOLDERS_SCANDIR STARTING. root = /home/test/.maildir, extension
= None
  maildir:   toppath = /home/test/.maildir
  maildir:   *** top of loop
  maildir:   dirname = .
  maildir:   fullname = /home/test/.maildir/.

    File "/usr/lib/python2.5/os.py", line 171, in makedirs
      mkdir(name, mode)
  OSError: [Errno 17] File exists: '.'

I tried special-casing the INBOX case and return '' with nametrans,
but the error stays the same (/home/test/.maildir also exists
alreadt).

And if I start using reference=INBOX or INBOX., then INBOX is simply
not synchronised.

What am I missing?

"you don't sew with a fork, so I see no reason
 to eat with knitting needles."
                               -- miss piggy, on eating chinese food

spamtraps: madduck.bogus@xxxxxxxxxxx

-- File: digital_signature_gpg.asc