Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: March 2008:
Re: [OfflineIMAP] #20: Memory leak on Mac OS X ?

To: "Boris Gordon" <boris.gordon@xxxxxxxxx>, offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [OfflineIMAP] #20: Memory leak on Mac OS X ?
From: "Boris Gordon" <boris.gordon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 00:02:25 +1100

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 8:11 PM, Vincent Beffara <vbeffara+ml@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I'm using the Python25 package from Fink (package version 1:2.5.2-1).

Fine.  I've been trying to get it going on either Apple's 2.5.1 or macport's
2.5.2.

> > Also has anyone else managed to work around this bug ? It's the only
> thing
> > between me and email bliss.
>
> All I can say is that it fixed the crash on the one reproducible
> test-case I had (one single 5MB e-mail on a local IMAP server on my
> laptop). I essentially slice the download into 1MB chunks, but maybe
> this is too large already ... especially with parallel connections.

Oh oh.
Has anyone had any success on Mac OS X over the net rather than local?

BTW that's only for plain old IMAP, not this fancy schmancy IMAPS which
> I can't test at the moment.

... or with IMAPS ?
I don't think Gmail offers anything other than IMAP ssl.

> I guess the morale of the story is, hopefully Python itself (if not
> Darwin ?) will be patched soon.

I'm assuming the python people know about this at least ...
Frustrating as I've only just discovered offlineimap and it totally solves
my problem, if only I could get it working.

---
Boris Gordon