Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: March 2008:
Re: [OfflineIMAP] #20: Memory leak on Mac OS X ?

To: Boris Gordon <boris.gordon@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [OfflineIMAP] #20: Memory leak on Mac OS X ?
From: Vincent Beffara <vbeffara+ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 10:11:16 +0100

Hi,

> Thanks for the patch, though I haven't had much luck getting it to work=
.
> Can you confirm which version of python you are running and from where =
you
> installed it?

I'm using the Python25 package from Fink (package version 1:2.5.2-1).

> Also has anyone else managed to work around this bug ? It's the only th=
ing
> between me and email bliss.

All I can say is that it fixed the crash on the one reproducible=20
test-case I had (one single 5MB e-mail on a local IMAP server on my=20
laptop). I essentially slice the download into 1MB chunks, but maybe=20
this is too large already ... especially with parallel connections.

If somebody is still seeing crashes and at the same time has 5 minutes=20
to experiment - could you try changing the value 1000000 (line 75 or so=20
of the patched /sw/lib/python2.5/site-packages/offlineimap/imapserver.py=20
if in Fink, or wherever the file is if not) to something smaller ?

BTW that's only for plain old IMAP, not this fancy schmancy IMAPS which=20
I can't test at the moment.

I guess the morale of the story is, hopefully Python itself (if not=20
Darwin ?) will be patched soon.

Cheers,

  /v

--=20