Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: March 2008:
Filtering email with procmail or something similar?

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Filtering email with procmail or something similar?
From: Daniel Meszaros <spam@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 17:18:22 +0100

Hi,

is there a possibility to have procmail (or something similar) check the
incoming email of a synchronization?

I used to take fetchmail for downloading my email to the local mailbox -
and this could give email further to procmail. But now that I'm going to
switch to offlineimap this would be a feature I'd miss.

I think it might be a good idea if everything that comes from the INBOX
could go through the filter and would be sorted into the given IMAP folders.

What do you think about it? I don't like my local mail client doing
that. It should be sorted already when I access the mail.

Ciao,
Daniel.