Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: March 2008:
Re: Syncing multiple IMAP/ user accounts

To: Daniel Meszaros <spam@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Syncing multiple IMAP/ user accounts
From: Vincent Beffara <vbeffara+ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 20:46:07 +0100

> Hi there,

Hej,

> I'd like to sync a few more IMAP accounts than just mine. At the moment=
 I=3D
> just see a chance to have each Unix user start the sync on after the ot=
he=3D
> r, maybe via a cronjob. Each one starting from his home directory and
> executing an...
>=20
> offlineimap -1 -c .offlineimaprc
>=20
> But I don't want to grant all these users shell access.
>=20
> Is there a way to have -maybe- a daemon or some user with limited right=
> doing this for all users?
>=20
> Maybe I just missed that option. :-/

(Assuming you are running linux or something similar.)

If you have root access to your machine, you could always make a special=20
user who is a sudoer with no password but can only run offlineimap as=20
whoever he wants - and let _her_ have a crontab entry to do what you=20
want.

* * * * * sudo -u joe offlineimap
* * * * * sudo -u jane offlineimap

(or put that in root's crontab, if you're not too worried).

  /v

--=20
Vincent Beffara
UMPA - ENS-Lyon