Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: March 2008:
Re: Syncing multiple IMAP/ user accounts

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Syncing multiple IMAP/ user accounts
From: Daniel Meszaros <spam@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 06:53:17 +0100

Hi,=0D
=0D
I did it a comparable way...=0D
=0D
On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 19:06:59 +0100, Vincent Beffara <vbeffara+ml@xxxxxxxx=
m>=0D
wrote:=0D
> [...]=0D
>> I've never played around with "sudo" up to now. What I've seen is that=
=0D
>> I'd have to edit /etc/sudoers. Will this make it possible for root to=0D
>> work with joe or jane's permissions also if they do not have a shell=0D
>> assigned in /etc/passwd?=0D
> =0D
> If they have /bin/false as a shell and a disabled account, then yes it =
=0D
> does :=0D
> =0D
> galadriel-~ > sudo grep dhcp /etc/passwd /etc/shadow=0D
> /etc/passwd:dhcp:x:101:101::/nonexistent:/bin/false=0D
> /etc/shadow:dhcp:!:13821:0:99999:7:::=0D
=0D
All my users are configured the same way (now ;-) ). The shell is=0D
"/etc/false" and ...=0D
=0D
> (BTW this is running as myself and not as root, which is the whole poin=
t =0D
> of using sudo - if you run as root, you don't really need it ...) The =0D
> line you will need in /etc/sudoers is something like=0D
=0D
... I added them to some User_Alias directive in "/etc/sudoers" and...=0D
=0D
> offlineimap localhost=3D(ALL) NOPPASSWD: /usr/bin/offlineimap=0D
=0D
...the rest is similar to your config. The only difference is (still, but=
=0D
will be changed) that root is the executing user in the crontab. Can=0D
everybody run the sudo command? I'd create a limited account for the sudo=
=0D
stuff then.=0D
=0D
> (meaning 'the user offlineimap, when connected on localhost, can, =0D
> without having to give her password, run the command =0D
> /usr/bin/offlineimap as any user'). Check the manpage though !=0D
=0D
As there are a few more users on this system than just mine I run a scrip=
t=0D
that does this as each one after the other. What I did not find yet was a=
=0D
possibility to log the output to some global log file ... in order to hav=
e=0D
a possibility to check in case of occuring errors. Putting a ">>=0D
/var/log/offlineimap.log" behind the command in the crontab prevented the=
=0D
syncscript from being executed properly. But I guess this is something th=
at=0D
might be set up in the .offlineimaprc.=0D
=0D
CU,=0D
Daniel,=0D
steadily learning.=0D