Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: January 2008:
Re: OfflineIMAP 5.99.0 Posted

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: OfflineIMAP 5.99.0 Posted
From: "Jean-Yves Avenard" <jyavenard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 22:46:26 +1100

Hi

On Jan 11, 2008 9:25 PM, Gour <ggdasa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > But this all assumes that I find time somewhere.  I keep hoping that
> > mail readers will just get good enough that OfflineIMAP becomes
> > obsolete.  I am annoyed that this hasn't happened in the 5 years
> > since OfflineIMAP 1.0.0 was released!  I really didn't expect to
> > still need to use OfflineIMAP 5 years later.

I use offlineimap to synchronise an exchange mail server and an
courier-imap server. The exchange server is used for push-email.

So even if the clients do get better, there will always a need for offlineimap.

After using offline imap for two month, the main issue is regarding
timing. I'm not sure offlineimap can do anything about it but here it
goes:
the time showed on the synchronised email is the time showed when it
was synchronised not when the message was originally received.

The first time I synchronised my account with another imap server
(here exchange), the 14000+ email were all dated on the day of the
synchronisation.

It would be useful to have a way to force the time (assuming it is possible).

Jean-Yves