Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: January 2008:
Re: OfflineIMAP 5.99.0 Posted

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: OfflineIMAP 5.99.0 Posted
From: Gour <ggdasa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 11:25:11 +0100

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 10:38:26 -0500
John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am also leaning towards rewriting OfflineIMAP from scratch in
> Haskell.

That would be quite cool.

> But this all assumes that I find time somewhere.  I keep hoping that
> mail readers will just get good enough that OfflineIMAP becomes
> obsolete.  I am annoyed that this hasn't happened in the 5 years
> since OfflineIMAP 1.0.0 was released!  I really didn't expect to
> still need to use OfflineIMAP 5 years later.

I want to move to some terminal-client after switching to emacs and
offlineimap is still indispensable tool to use to get email sync-ed
between desktop & laptop and, considering the present state of affairs
in email world, I'd say offlineimap has a long life ahead ;)

Sincerely,
Gour

-- File: signature.asc