Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: November 2007:
Re: OfflineIMAP for backups

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: OfflineIMAP for backups
From: Asheesh Laroia <asheesh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 17:23:01 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007, Mika Fischer wrote:

> I would like to create a local backup of an IMAP account. While
> OfflineIMAP can sync just fine I am a bit worried that an accidental
> deletion of one or more mails in the backup might destroy the
> originals as well.

What I'm doing for this is to just back up the email files (which for me
are stored in Maildir format) with a standard incremental backup tool,
which for me is dirvish.

<oblig>
I'm Lovin' It!
</oblig>

-- Asheesh.

--
Newton's Law of Gravitation:
        What goes up must come down.  But don't expect it to come down where