Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: November 2007:
Re: OfflineIMAP for backups

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: OfflineIMAP for backups
From: "Mika Fischer" <mf+offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 20:40:35 +0100

On Nov 28, 2007 8:30 PM, Peter Mann <Peter.Mann@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> offlineimap to "temporary-like" directory + local rsync from "temporary-like"
> directory to another "backup" directory
>
> instead rsync you can use rdiff-backup (for incremental backups)

I suppose the "temporary-like" directory is then deleted? If so I
don't like that I have to download all the mails every time. I'd like
to use the syncing ability, because of speed and traffic benefits...

If the "temporary-like" directory is not deleted I fail to see how
this solution avoids accidently syncing from the copy to the server.

And in general maybe "backup" is not the right word. I just want a
copy of the content of the IMAP server, which is updated once a day
(or every hour) with minimal traffic (i.e. only download new stuff).

Regards,
 Mika