Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: November 2007:
Re: offlineimap crashes a lot

To: "David L. Emerson" <demerson3x@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: offlineimap crashes a lot
From: Vincent Beffara <vbeffara+ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 17:56:04 +0100

> Hi all,

Hi,

> offlineimap crashes almost every time it downloads any messages.

Could you tell us more about your system, and post the error message=20
that you get ? The only way I know to make it crash reliably is to sync=20
huge messages on Mac OS X (cf. previous posts about the behavior of=20
realloc() in OSX and the way it interacts with python).

> Maybe I have a buggy imap server? I don't know what type of server it=20
> is, or how to find out, but I'll be happy to find out if there's a way=20
> I can do so...

You can connect by hand (by typing "telnet whatever.server.com 143" in a=20
terminal) and look at the server's greeting message.

> Is there any particular log that would be useful for me to post?

The stack trace displayed in your terminal when the program crashes=20
would be informative (to the gurus around, at least).

  /v

--=20
Vincent Beffara
UMPA - ENS-Lyon