Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: October 2007:
offlineimap and dovecot

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: offlineimap and dovecot
From: "Frank Thieme" <frank@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 16:06:08 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I want to have a local imap server on my notebook, because I like to play
around with different MUAs. To avoid downloading my eMails again and again
I just wanna sync some external IMAP server with my local one.

So what is better with dovecot, sync IMAP-IMAP or sync directly to the
underlying Maildir++?

And what would the right nametrans for it be?

nametrans = lambda foldername: re.sub('^INBOX\.*', '.', foldername)

doesn't work, because there are Sent, Draft and other folders, which are
on the same level as INBOX and not under it.

I'm using dovecot 1.0.5 and offlineimap 4.0.16

Bye...Frank