Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2007:
Re: Dreamhost Compatibility

To: "Patrick Morris" <trick@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Dreamhost Compatibility
From: "Tom Purl" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:14:01 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, July 11, 2007 7:58 pm, Patrick Morris wrote:
> Tom Purl wrote:
>> It probably is a UID validity issue, but I'll try re-creating the erro=
>> tonight so I can confirm
>>
> I'd be interested in hearing what you find out. I've been using
> OfflineIMAP against Dreamhost accounts for years without any major
> issues that I can recall, though my setup's pretty wacky after years
> of questionable experimentation on it.

Ok, I actually found my original error on the Dreamhost forum:

*
http://discussion.dreamhost.com/showflat.pl?Cat=3D&Board=3Dforum_troubles=
hooting&Number=3D67256&page=3D24&view=3Dcollapsed&sb=3D3&o=3D365

Here's the actual error:

    ***** Processing account Dreamhost
    Copying folder structure from IMAP to Maildir
    Establishing connection to mail.tompurl.com:143.
    Syncing INBOX: IMAP -> Maildir
    WARNING: UID validity problem for folder INBOX (saved 1167932556; got
1168703442); skipping it

This happened to me consistently.  Do you know what you're doing to
avoid this issue?  One difference may be that I'm using my non-default
e-mail account, one which I don't have shell access to; only IMAP
access.

So it looks like I have one of three options.  Copy Patrick's method,
stop using offlineimap or start using the preauth workaround with
Courier IMAP that John Goerzen recommended.

Thanks for the help!

Tom Purl