Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: March 2006:
Messages moved from /new to /cur

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Messages moved from /new to /cur
From: Jon Riddle <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 20:19:55 -0600

It seems that, as of 3.99.2, OfflineIMAP moves messages from /new to
/cur whenever it syncs.  The changelog entry states that this occurs
"when flags have changed on the server", but in my case, this is
happening anytime OfflineIMAP syncs my account.  Is this correct?
According to the Maildir spec (actually, the official man page),
messages are supposed to be moved to /cur when a mail client has seen
the messages, and the S flag appended when the user has read the
messages.  Is OfflineIMAP considered a mail client?  If so, can this
feature be disabled?

Jon Riddle