Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: October 2005:
Re: offlineimap with bincimap

To: Jean Jordaan <jean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: offlineimap with bincimap
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 12:46:14 -0500

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 07:14:53PM +0200, Jean Jordaan wrote:
> I encountered this issue (bincimap doesn't see new mail delivered
> by offlineimap) and the patch fixes it for me. Is anyone else using
> it?

I don't recall it.

However, I'm concerned that this isn't correct.  According to
http://cr.yp.to/proto/maildir.html and
http://www.qmail.org/man/man5/maildir.html, every file in cur/ is
expected to have an info string.  So I don't think that this is correct.

However, perhaps the test a few lines earlier "if 'S' in flags" is
incorrect.  Perhaps it should say "if len(flags) > 0".  Then, we could
store messages with no flags in new, and messages with flags in cur.

Would you be willing to test this against both bincimap and mutt?

It turns out that many Maildir-using programs are working in
incompatible ways for how they show new messages.  Some look in new/,
others look for absence of the S flag.  If this helps you, and also
helps mutt, I could make this change.

Thanks also for using darcs to send your patch.