Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: October 2004:
Re: Synching two IMAP folders with different Folder structure

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Christof Baumgärtner <offlineimap@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Synching two IMAP folders with different Folder structure
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 15:54:40 -0500

On Friday 22 October 2004 02:28 pm, Christof Baumg=E4rtner wrote:
> Hi,
> I try to synch two IMAP folders. Folder 1 on server 1 is called
> "Test", folder 2 on server 2 is called "INBOX.Test".
>
> Unfortunately offlineimap tries to create a new folder "Test" on
> server 1 which fails.
> This is part of my config:

In this example, which one is the "remote"?  (Can I assume WebDe?)

> [Repository WebDe]
> type =3D IMAP
> remotehost =3D imap.web.de
> ssl =3D no
> # remoteport =3D 993
> remoteuser =3D account1
> remotepass =3D pass1
> maxconnections =3D 1
> holdconnectionopen =3D yes
> folderfilter =3D lambda foldername: foldername in ['Test']
> nametrans =3D lambda foldername: re.sub('^', 'INBOX\.', foldername)

That's a bogus regexp there.  It's saying to replace the end of the=20
strung with INBOX.  You probably want the one you had on your other=20
repository here:

nametrans =3D lambda foldername: re.sub('^INBOX\.', '', foldername)

> [Repository Fastmail]

=46or this one, you should have no nametrans at all.

Also, I would encourage you to start syncing the IMAP server to your=20
disk.  Once that works, then make it go to another IMAP server.  It's=20
easier to debug if you have only one IMAP server in the picture to=20
start with.

=2D- John