Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: October 2004:
Re: Synching two IMAP folders with different Folder structure

To: "John Goerzen" <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Synching two IMAP folders with different Folder structure
From: Christof Baumgärtner <offlineimap@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 19:43:07 +0200

OK. Both the IMAP servers can sync to a local mailbox right now.
I tried again to sync between the two IMAP servers directly. Unfortunately
it seems to detect changes on each mailbox with every sync and thus
duplicates messages. Even if nothing has changed.

Might this be related to another problem I have sent to the list? (see
below)

---
Hi,
I am synching between two IMAP servers. It seems that every time nearly all
messages are copied from one server to the other. Is this related to one of
the servers not supporting UIDs properly? I know for sure that the one
server does not support IMAP SEARCH and IMAP IDLE.
The maybe interesting part is that the message numbers are negative numbers:
e.g.
Copy message -65 MappedIMAP[INBOX] -> IMAP[INBOX], LocalStatus[INBOX]
Copy message -46 MappedIMAP[INBOX] -> IMAP[INBOX], LocalStatus[INBOX]
Copy message -67 MappedIMAP[INBOX] -> IMAP[INBOX], LocalStatus[INBOX]
Copy message -66 MappedIMAP[INBOX] -> IMAP[INBOX], LocalStatus[INBOX]
Copy message -11 MappedIMAP[INBOX] -> IMAP[INBOX], LocalStatus[INBOX]
Copy message -64 MappedIMAP[INBOX] -> IMAP[INBOX], LocalStatus[INBOX]
Copy message -63 MappedIMAP[INBOX] -> IMAP[INBOX], LocalStatus[INBOX]
Copy message -62 MappedIMAP[INBOX] -> IMAP[INBOX], LocalStatus[INBOX]
Copy message -61 MappedIMAP[INBOX] -> IMAP[INBOX], LocalStatus[INBOX]
Copy message -60 MappedIMAP[INBOX] -> IMAP[INBOX], LocalStatus[INBOX]
snip

Runing the synch again generates one additional copy per message per sync.

How can I track down this problem?
Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Christof