Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: June 2004:
Re: problems with threads

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: problems with threads
From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:35:04 -0400

John Goerzen wrote:     [Tue May 04 2004, 04:55:04PM EDT]
> This problem is likely unrelated to threading.  Can you send me a -d
> imap log showing the weird flags attempted to be set?

Ok, one month later I have the debug logs ready for you:

1.
http://gentoo.org/~agriffis/offlineimap_bug/20040610_1204_All_bad_machine_before_problem.bz2
2.
http://gentoo.org/~agriffis/offlineimap_bug/20040610_1249_All_good_machine.bz2
3.
http://gentoo.org/~agriffis/offlineimap_bug/20040610_1247_All_bad_machine_with_problem.bz2
4.
http://gentoo.org/~agriffis/offlineimap_bug/20040610_1256_All_good_machine.bz2

Explanation of the logs:

- The machines do not have syncronized clocks.  The offlineimap runs
  happened in the order that they are listed above, even though #2
  says 1249 and #3 says 1247.  The clock on the good machine is about
  2.5 minutes ahead of the clock on the bad machine.

- The "All" in the logs above is a result of my logging wrapper for
  offlineimap.  It indicates that I was synchronizing all accounts.
  Most of the time I synchronize only one of the accounts at a time.
  The fact that this has only ever happened to me when I'm
  synchronizing multiple accounts simultaneously is what suggests to
  me that it's a threads/locking problem, but I honestly haven't
  attempted to decipher the logs

Let me know if there is more I can provide.  The bad machine is still
in its bad state so I can extract more information if you need it.

Regards,
Aron

--
Aron Griffis