Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: October 2003:
Re: not syncing from Maildir -> IMAP

To: Rob Walker <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: not syncing from Maildir -> IMAP
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:24:25 -0500

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 03:26:34PM -0700, Rob Walker wrote:
> I stored a new email locally into a new maildir folder, and it has one
> email in it.  When I run offlineimap, it does not create a new IMAP
> mailbox on the IMAP server, with the new message in it, as I expected it
> would.

OfflineIMAP does not presently create new folders on the server, nor delete
folders that were deleted.  However, if you add that folder on the server,
the message you put in it will be automatically synced.

This was a design decision some time back and it's now seeming not quite so
sensible.  Maybe I'll add that feature.