Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: September 2003:
Re: Changing names of folders during sync.

To: Josef Karthauser <joe@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Changing names of folders during sync.
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:02:47 -0500

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 12:02:18AM +0100, Josef Karthauser wrote:
> Dear all,
> I want to change the names of some of the folders as they get
> synchronised locally.  The sample config suggests:
>
>     nametrans = lambda foldername: re.sub('^INBOX.', '', foldername)
>
> This will strip INBOX. off the beginning of each name.  However I'd like
> to make a few more changes also and I don't know how to specify more
> than one change.  Is this possible?

Yes.  You can write arbitrary Python using the pythonfile arg (see the
PYTHONFILE CONFIGURATION FILE OPTION section in the manual.)

For example:

[general]
pythonfile=~/.offlineimap.py
[Repository foo]
namestrans = mytrans

In your ~/.offlineimap.py:

import re

def mytrans(foldername):
    foldername = re.sub('^INBOX.', '', foldername)
    foldername = re.sub('[a-z]', 'Q', foldername)
    foldername[0] = 'R'
    return foldername

Make sense?