Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: September 2003:
First alpha of 5.0 ready

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: First alpha of 5.0 ready
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:46:35 -0500

Hello,

I have today released version 4.99.0alpha, the first release after the
rewrite to use Twisted.  This rewrite represents a huge fundamental
architectural shift for OfflineIMAP, one that I believe is beneficial, but
takes some time to make work.

4.99.0alpha has one working user interface module: TTY.TTYUI.  However, I
believe that all of the other functionality is mostly working.  I am using
it to sync my mail, though I am taking backups of my mail folders just in
case :-)

Please try it out and let me know if there are any problems.  Download from:

http://quux.org/devel/offlineimap/pre

tar.gz and .deb packages are available there.  See README.5.0 for info on
obtaining prerequisites.

In other news, I am keeping this tree in tla (GNU Arch) instead of
Subversion for now.  If it works well, I will switch over the release to
that as well.  tla has some advantages, particularly in the area of letting
others easily make their own OfflineIMAP trees and letting their patches be
merged back into the mainline.