Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: September 2003:
Why I get a error each time cron starts

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Why I get a error each time cron starts
From: Rolf Eric Anithason <stockholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 16:58:05 +0000

I have added OfflineIMAP in my crontab and in my offlineimap config file
I've set it to restart it sync every 3 minute or so. But sometimes
OfflineIMAP crashes, due to big emails because the IMAP server it syncs
with gives you easily time out, or some problem with UID... so then it
is important for me to have something that can activate it again so you
don't miss something important coming in.

I have seen that the 4.0.0 I have has a "grafic" appearance when it
starts.. this appearance seams to fail to start, because it is already
started, and ends up with that crontab sends me a mail about it.

Is it a way of coming around it, other then say to crontab to throw away
email's like that?

With regards,

Rolf

here is an exampel: