Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: June 2003:
OfflineIMAP saving read messages in new/ directory

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: OfflineIMAP saving read messages in new/ directory
From: Hugo Haas <hugo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 20:55:56 +0200

Hi.

I have seen a strange behavior whose cause I haven't managed to
identify yet, but wanted to know if anybody else had experienced this
problem.

OfflineIMAP 3.99.17 sometimes saves some messages in my local maildir
repository, which is synchronized with a remote IMAP one, in the new/
directory even though they have been read already.

Basically, Mutt tells me that there is new mail in the folder, and
when I open it I don't see any. I then need to identify what messages
are causing the problem by looking at the file system, and either move
the files to cur/ or use Mutt to mark them as new and then mark them
as read again to force it to move them to cur/.

Does this sound familiar to anybody?

Cheers,

Hugo

--