Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: April 2003:
offlineimap / uw-imapd / mutt

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: offlineimap / uw-imapd / mutt
From: Sam Clegg <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 09:28:30 +0100

Hi all.
I am a very happy user of offlineimap.  In fact I use it every 5 minutes
to sync ~80 mail folders to my laptop.

On the server I use uw-imapd and procmail to sort incomming mail into
mbox files.  On my laptop I can read and write mail to the offline
Maildir hierarchy without any problems.

However, when I ssh directly into the server to read my mail with mutt
(when I don't have my laptop with me) the offlineimap.uidvalidity
files for the folders that mutt writes messages to are corrupted the
next time I try to sync.

Is this normal?  Am I not supposed to manipulate directly (with mutt)
my mail folders on the server?  Procmail seems to be able to write to
these folders without upsetting offlineimap?  Perhaps this because
I am using mbox and uw-imapd on the server.

Any help?  Should I switch to a different mta/imapd on the server?
Anyone know of a good comparison on the various imapds in debian?

cheers,
sam
--
sam clegg
:: sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx :: http://superduper.net/ :: PGP : D91EE369

--
The cost of the first 25 Tomahawk Missiles launched in the first hour of the
first day in the war with Iraq was more than fifty times the annual HUD budget