Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: October 2002:
OfflineIMAP 3.99.0

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: OfflineIMAP 3.99.0
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 11:45:33 -0500

Hello,

Today, 3.99.0 is released.  This marks the last "stable" release of the 3.x
series.  It contains some 4.x transitional code, but enough bugfixes and
workarounds that I decided to make a release so that people could benefit.
There are no backwards-incompatible changes in it yet.  I recommend that
everyone upgrade to 3.99.0.  Please consult the roadmap message (just sent
to the list) for more details on my plans for upcoming OfflineIMAP versions.

Here is the changelog:

  * The next few releases are adding features and reorganizing
    code in preparation for 4.0.0.
  * imaputil.py now logs information with IMAP debugging is enabled.
  * Added folderfilter capability to mbnames recorder.  You can now omit
    specified folders from the mbnames output.
  * Added a workaround to imaputil.py to deal with a bug in imaplib.py's
    tuple when a response contains a literal in certain cases.
  * Split out the code in bin/offlineimap into offlineimap/init.py.
    Retaining bin/offlineimap as a skeletal piece only.  Contains
    about three lines of code now.  This will make many things
    easier, including debugging.
  * Added library version check to bin/offlineimap and
    offlineimap/init.py.
  * Moved __main__.ui to functions in UIBase: getglobalui() and
    setglobalui().
  * Added license comments to some source files that were missing them.
  * Moved some code from offlineimap/init.py to new file
    offlineimap/syncmaster.py to help dileneate between code that
    performs different functions.
  * Moved threadexited from offlineimap/init.py to
    offlineimap/threadutil.py.
  * offlineimap.py is back to ease the use of OfflineIMAP in single-user
    installations.