Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: August 2002:
Re: OfflineIMAP gives DELETE warnings for filtered-out folders.

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: OfflineIMAP gives DELETE warnings for filtered-out folders.
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 10:25:30 -0500

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 04:12:09PM -0400, Martijn Pieters wrote:

> Now that I finaly switched over to a nested maildir structure, OfflineIMAP
> has started to spew warnings about my Archive/ directories. OfflineIMAP has
> not yet implemented local maildir deletion, and the warnings tell me that if
> it was implemented, I'd loose all my Archive/ folders.

The design of OfflineIMAP currently assumes that each account has a unique
localfolders specification.  The problem, I believe, is that your setup is
violating that assumption.

Perhaps there are ways to solve this other than using a separate account
pointing to the same directory.  What is the problem that caused you to set
up the separate accounts in the first place?  Maybe we can fix that problem
instead.

Adjusting OfflineIMAP to no longer assume that a localfolders path is unique
to a specific account introduces significant complexity all over the place.
I'm not ready to add that complexity right now (I'm not sure if I ever will
be <g>), but if someone cares to prepare a patch to do it right, I'd be
happy to consider it.