Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: August 2002:
evolution

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: evolution
From: Bill Williamson <batkiwi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 14:58:02 -0500

Any hints for getting offlineimap to work with ximian evolution?
Its maildir support is shakey at best, but I need to use it for my work
email (MS exchange).

The basic problem is that it doesn't understand a maildir name seperator, so
it reads all my folders as (example) "Mailing Lists.blah" instead of
"Mailing Lists/blah".

I tried getting it to create recursive maildirs, and it does it by sticking
a maildir inside of a maildir.  I adjusted my folder transformation thing to
change . to /, but that didn't work (nor did I expect it to).  Any other
hints?

Also, I'm using courier serverside.  The default inbox is name INBOX.  Is
there a way to get INBOX put at the root of the maildir, instead of in a
folder called INBOX? Replacing INBOX with '' just gives me an error.

Thanks!
 --Bill