Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: August 2002:
Re: evolution

To: Bill Williamson <batkiwi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: evolution
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 14:54:35 -0500

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 02:58:02PM -0500, Bill Williamson wrote:

> Any hints for getting offlineimap to work with ximian evolution?
> Its maildir support is shakey at best, but I need to use it for my work
> email (MS exchange).

If I understand you correctly, Evolution is, in fact, working with
OfflineIMAP, but the folder display is not what you want it to be?

> The basic problem is that it doesn't understand a maildir name seperator, so
> it reads all my folders as (example) "Mailing Lists.blah" instead of
> "Mailing Lists/blah".

On the TODO list is supporting / as a separator for Maildirs in OfflineIMAP.
It is not currently supported, but making it work should not be terribly
hard.

> I tried getting it to create recursive maildirs, and it does it by sticking
> a maildir inside of a maildir.  I adjusted my folder transformation thing to
> change . to /, but that didn't work (nor did I expect it to).  Any other
> hints?

I will try to get a version out that has this feature within a couple of
days, depending on how soon I can get our repository back up.

> Also, I'm using courier serverside.  The default inbox is name INBOX.  Is
> there a way to get INBOX put at the root of the maildir, instead of in a
> folder called INBOX? Replacing INBOX with '' just gives me an error.

I will investigate this.  You may be able to accomplish this, once the
nested feature is added, by telling OfflineIMAP that your maildir repository
is at ~/Personal and telling Evolution that it is as ~/Personal/INBOX, with
all your other folders nested within there.

John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>    GPG: 0x8A1D9A1F    www.complete.org