Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2002:
Re: rev 183 - in offlineimap/head: . offlineimap/ui

To: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: rev 183 - in offlineimap/head: . offlineimap/ui
From: Martijn Pieters <mj@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 23:39:03 -0400

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 10:26:18PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> There is also the FMD5 stored in all the files in the Maildirs, which is a
> md5 hashed version of the folder name and, I believe, the account name.
> This is used to detect when a message has moved folders.  Probably every one
> of your messages will be uploaded to the server and re-downloaded :-)

Ah, I see. Every file in the maildir has that in its filename.

OfflineIMAP only redownloaded new messages; I suspect that the messages
where marked under the new account name, and where therefor not recognized
as downloaded already.

> So before we go invalidating anyone's account name, there needs to be a
> mechanism to rename it in an orderly fashion, evidentally.

Yes, you'd need a migrator. Or an option to name the old account name in the
config file and have offlineimap move things for you at the next sync.

--
Martijn Pieters