Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2002:
Re: rev 183 - in offlineimap/head: . offlineimap/ui

To: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: rev 183 - in offlineimap/head: . offlineimap/ui
From: Martijn Pieters <mj@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 22:59:26 -0400

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 09:34:40PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> I did that because I want to be able to have sections in the config file
> that pertain to OfflineIMAP -- such as for the Blinkenlights UI.  I figured
> that defining OfflineIMAP module sections to contain a dot and others to not
> was a reasonable way of making sure that we wouldn't break somebody's
> configuration down the road, at the expense of possibly breaking some now.
>
> I'd be glad to have other suggestions on how to solve that one.

Hmm. I can't think of a better way, indeed. Luckily, fixing this up was
easy:

- Make sure no offlineimap process is running

- Rename the offending accounts

- in the .offlinerc directory, rename the corresponding account state
  directories.

Start offlineimap again.

You may want to make this a temporary FAQ.

--
Martijn Pieters