Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2002:
Re: rev 183 - in offlineimap/head: . offlineimap/ui

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: rev 183 - in offlineimap/head: . offlineimap/ui
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 21:34:40 -0500

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 10:05:40PM -0400, Martijn Pieters wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 12:20:43PM -0500, jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >  for account in accounts:
> > +    if '.' in account:
> > +        raise ValueError, "Account '%s' contains a dot; dots are not
> > allowed in account names."
>
> Why this change? It breaks my setup.

I did that because I want to be able to have sections in the config file
that pertain to OfflineIMAP -- such as for the Blinkenlights UI.  I figured
that defining OfflineIMAP module sections to contain a dot and others to not
was a reasonable way of making sure that we wouldn't break somebody's
configuration down the road, at the expense of possibly breaking some now.

I'd be glad to have other suggestions on how to solve that one.

John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>    GPG: 0x8A1D9A1F    www.complete.org