Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2002:
Re: What issue tracker to use?

To: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: What issue tracker to use?
From: Martijn Pieters <mj@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 21:46:07 -0400

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 06:12:41PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> > No idea, never used it.
>
> That doesn't mean you can't comment upon it :-)

Sorry, you're right. Bit tired and hassled today.

> Seriously, I'm curious if people think its features and interface sound
> good.  Surprisingly, it seems like it might be a BTS that doesn't suck.
> We'll see...  You might be interested to know that it can be called as a
> CGI, run as its own webserver, or be called from Zope.

I must say that a good look at the feature list that it looks interesting.
Especially the minimailinglists that are associated with each bug, the way
they are handled is very interesting.

There are two conerns I have: It isn't clear to me how security is handled
when handling email, and I find Ka-Ping Yee's sense of color somewhat
insulting to the eye. ;) Luckily the latter can be customized quite easily.
And the first one should be customizable through the detectors and auditors
interfaces. Perhaps PGP signing support can be added there?

--
Martijn Pieters