Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2002:
What issue tracker to use?

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: What issue tracker to use?
From: Martijn Pieters <mj@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 14:12:35 -0400

I am currently assuming that the Debian BTS is the current official
offlineimap issue tracker. Can I suggest a change?

The Debian BTS is primarily targeted at package maintainers, not package
developers. The fact that John happens to be both makes the BTS convenient.
But suggestions have been dropped about opening CVS to more developers, and
BTS does not (easily) allow for people other than the maintainer or
submitter of issues to manage issues.

Are there any plans for another issue tracker for development elsewhere? If
not I can prolly set up a Zope CMF Collector (as seen on collector.zope.org,
for example). SourceForge is another option, although I see John does all
his project hosting on his own servers. :)

Advantage of using a CMF setup is that I can also add a CMF Wiki, which
would allow us to collaborate on design docs such as might be needed if we'd
collectively were to develop a new IMAP library..

--
Martijn Pieters