Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2002:
Re: What issue tracker to use?

To: dLux <dlux@xxxxxxx>
Cc: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: What issue tracker to use?
From: Martijn Pieters <mj@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 17:21:13 -0400

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 10:51:14PM +0200, dLux wrote:
> Have you tried bugzilla? I think it fulfills most of these requirements,
> but I am not sure..

Bugzilla seems not to satisfy all requirements if I understand correctly how
the #1 requirement is implemented; I can see security impleications (#5)
where bugstate can be influenced by forged emails.

Other gripes I have with bugzilla:

- It's Perl. I coded Perl for years, and I personally wouldn't like to go
  back there.. ;)

- Bugzilla is awfully big, and takes more work to administer.

Note that this is my personal opinion, and John should make up his own mind.

--
Martijn Pieters