Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: local: July 2002:
[aclug-local] Re: ACLUG Website - which way to go...

To: local@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-local] Re: ACLUG Website - which way to go...
From: Tom Hull <thull2@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 22:18:58 -0500

Anne McCadden wrote:
> Thats great and I will try that.  Do you need any more help with
> anything with the website?

Yes. Doing just about everything. Think a little bit about what you'd
like to do. The "scratch your own itch" principle says you should
look at the website and decide that missing feature you personally
most want to see done, or what broken feature you personally most
want to see fixed. So that's one way to think about it. Then write
me back directly and we'll talk and figure something out.

Same for anyone else who has the itch. (No doubt Dale would welcome
help on the neuralmatrix/postnuke alternate website prototype.)

 > Now that I am not going to be working with
> the Second Saturday Sale, then I would like to do something that will
> help use and learn about linux more.  I'm playing with MySQL right now.
>  ttyl ~Anne

The notwerk/openacs website uses PostgreSQL. Most of what you know
about MySQL is useful with PostgreSQL and vice versa.

--
/*
  *  Tom Hull * thull2 at cox.net * http://www.tomhull.com/