Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: April 2008:
[linux-help] Re: Digital TV converter box

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Digital TV converter box
From: "David Carmichael" <dec2955@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 22:06:05 -0500

'ME' the great indoorsman trying to fish?!?
Also 50"+ does not fit into a hole only 30" to crawl under the house
to even start to fish up the wall....

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 9:27 AM, Joseph Weaver <jlweaver@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Go to Harbor Freight Tools on south Seneca.  Electricians refer to it as
> a fish tape.
>
> David Carmichael wrote:
>
> >While kind of off topic...
> >Question:
> >Does anybody know of a fair priced "Cable Puller" to pull "pairs" of
> >Cat-5 cables and install marked color coded wall jacks?
> >The reason for the question:
> >In the past I have used "UHF Converters" to change the video/audio
> >output of my DirecTV/DVD/VCR's and created a multi channel home "CABLE
> >LIKE" system.
> >There are now "HDMI/HIGH-DEFINITION COMPONENT VIDEO, DIGITAL" 'BAUM's
> >that allow for full 1080p to be trasnmited via a pair of Cat-5 cables.
> >If you would like to see the one brand of the devices that I am
> >looking at here is a link for the CE-Labs brand receiver:
> >http://www.sjgreatdeals.com/ceicat5rx.html and it would be matched up
> >with a like transmiter.. there are SVideo which would do 720p for
> >about a third of the price....
> >
> >I have been asked why not just get another HD box... the service/lease
> >fees in less than a year would pay for the shaired system... also it
> >seems if it is a recorded program it is "on the box in the other
> >room"...
> >
> >If you know of a better, lower cost way to transmit signals then
> >please make your suggestion... there are rumored wireless devices but
> >the cost currently is about $1000,00 for each transmiter.
> >
> >--David

> >visit http://www.complete.org/cgi-bin/listargate-aclug.cgi

I live in my own little world. But it's OK. They know me here.
Growing older is mandatory...Growing up is optional...
Laughing at yourself is therapeutic!
The geek shall inherit the earth...