[linux-help] Re: Debian Problem with mouse
[Top] [All Lists]
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index] [Thread Index]
What device does your XF86Config-4 file point to for the mouse? Should
probably be /dev/ttyS0 for a serial mouse, possibly /dev/ttyS1 (S2 and S3
are also possibilities, but pretty unlikely on a semi-modern computer).
If you absolutely cannot get it to work, you may have better luck using gpm
and a repeating protocol. In that scenario, you'll tell gpm to use
/dev/ttyS0 (or similar), then tell it to repeat. Then X will use
/dev/gpmdata. (What this does is GPM runs the mouse driver, then 'repeats'
all the mouse events to the /dev/gpmdata for X to receive as well). In some
cases this can be the best setup anyway (particularly with oddball mice that
X doesn't like very well, but gpm works fine with).
----- Original Message -----
From: "bbales" <bbales@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 7:11 PM
Subject: [linux-help] Debian Problem with mouse
> I finally broke down and bought the seven Debian CD set. Received it the
> day they released 3.1. Installed a minimal system on an old 200MHz box.
> KDE comes up fine, but the mouse won't move. XF86Config-4 has two
> sections for mouse, both appear to be for a wheel mouse. I tried to edit
> XF86Config directly (as I have done often with Red-Hat) and it somehow
> completely hosed the system. So I have reloaded the system and the mouse
> is again inoperable. The mouse is a serial, three-button which still
> works on this box with windows.
> Does Debian have a secret configuration tool for XF86Config? Or could
> there be some other problem with the mouse?
> -- This is the linux-help@xxxxxxxxx list. To unsubscribe,
> visit http://www.complete.org/cgi-bin/listargate-aclug.cgi
-- This is the linux-help@xxxxxxxxx list. To unsubscribe,
- [linux-help] Debian Problem with mouse, bbales, 2005/06/08
- [linux-help] Re: Debian Problem with mouse,
Jonathan Hall <=
- [linux-help] card reader, bbales, 2005/06/11
- [linux-help] Re: card reader, Jeff Vian, 2005/06/11
- [linux-help] Re: card reader, Thomas Wallis, 2005/06/13
- [linux-help] Re: card reader, bbales, 2005/06/13
- [linux-help] Re: card reader, Jeff Vian, 2005/06/13
- [linux-help] Re: card reader, ironrose, 2005/06/13
- [linux-help] Re: card reader, Thomas Wallis, 2005/06/15
- [linux-help] Debian / PHP question, Matt Pankratz, 2005/06/24
- [linux-help] Re: Debian / PHP question, John Goerzen, 2005/06/24
- [linux-help] Re: Debian / PHP question, OverlordQ, 2005/06/27